Saturday, May 15, 2010

Week 6 "KW"

K- I now know that reflection, organization and appearance are all crucial aspect’s to having a professional portfolio. These are also all relatively easy things to accomplish but are things that are also easy to skim on or forget about when working on your portfolio. I also know that as far as academic standards are concerned, Arizona has their own set of guidelines that are specific for each grade level and include such things as standards and PO’s. I have been working with the Arizona standards for a few years now but I am still learning how to interpret and teach to the different strands, standards and individual PO’s. For me at times, this can be more challenging because I teach a mix 7/8th grade ED class. I also know the true meaning of a portfolio and that it entails a purposeful collection of artifacts based upon a set of standards rather than simple a scrapbook of teaching memories.

W- I am pretty clear on what needs to be included in my portfolio but I still want to know how to demonstrate course competencies for the Rio classes in which I did not do a signature assignment in. I also want to know if I should be looking at the professional teaching standards or the Rio College Course competencies when completing my portfolio strictly for Plymouth or will I be using a combination of both to complete my portfolio. Finally, I am looking at starting to create an updated resume as the one I currently have is ten plus years old and was wondering if there is a program available that will help me create an updated resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment