Thursday, May 20, 2010

"KW" Week 7

K- I am starting to know and understand a lot more about what is required for my Portfolio for Plymouth State University. I know what artifact I will be using for EDU285AA and EDU220. I also now know that I did not take EDU251 through Rio Salado but will take EPD233 which is comparable to EDU251 and will add the artifact for that class into my portfolio at a later date (hopefully by September or October at the latest). I also know that I will have to recreate my artifacts and try and use something I have done in my current or past teaching to satisfy what was required in the Signature Assignments. I have also learned that it is best to use your "best" work in the portfolio for Plymouth or if you use an artifact from the past but it does not necessarily demonstrate your best practices you will need to add on or revamp the artifact to be at its best. Finally, I know that each artifact needs to have a reflection piece attached that includes such things as the who, what, where and when surrounding the artifact, why you selected the artifact and how it demonstrates competence/knowledge for the course and how the artifact can promote changes and growth to improve teaching.

W- I still want to know what artifacts I will be using in place of the Signature Assignment for EDU285AC and EDU251. With EDU285AC, there is a CD needed to observe observations in the Beginning Weeks of School in the Primary, Middle and High School levels and since I finished this course over a year ago, I no longer have the CD’s to view. For EDU251, I am going to take EPD233 but I will need to find out when I can take that course and how I will then submit the artifact for the course after the final portfolio has already been submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment