Monday, May 10, 2010

"L" Week 5

After week 5 instruction, I have learned how important reflection is when teaching. I still don’t know if there are certain things that rank higher in the field of education for teachers to reflect upon but I am going to start by reflecting on the bigger things in my classroom and concentrating more on the "big" picture to start. Based on what I have learned about reflection and being a reflective teacher I would say that I am at the advanced beginner/competent notion as far as reflection is concerned. I recently have been concentrating more on long-term goals and become more effective at conscious deliberate planning. I have also learned that it is extremely important to reflect on your experiences and then decide what you can do to improve your teaching and your student’s learning. Another aspect I now understand and have learned in regards to reflective practice is the different practices there are such as, self-reflection, assessment of student learning and being able to make connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment