Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 5

K- I know as a third year teacher that there is a significant amount of importance as to reflecting upon experiences within the classroom. The reflection can take place and should take place on a number of different things such as daily lesson plans, student assessments and just day to day activities, just to name a few. I also know that one of the first things other people notice when reading written communication no matter who is the sending or reading the communication. As a teacher, I always try to communicate via email when possible to eliminate the penmanship problem but this can then create other issues if I am not careful. Some things that need to be watched when communicating via email are what font size is being used, are capital letters being used appropriately, is any of the font in color/what color and is any of the writing in bold. I also know there are many purposes for reflective practice. Some of these purposes include things like self-reflection, assessment of student learning and being able to make connections.

W- There are several things I want to learn with regards to reflection. I guess my first big questions is, are there certain things a teacher should reflect more upon than others or should a teacher really try and reflect upon each skill/activity/assessment they teach to on a daily basis. I was also wondering if there were certain tools that could be used to track specific reflections made by a teacher throughout the school year and would doing something this detailed be necessary to becoming a "reflective teacher". Finally, I know I am constantly reteaching, revising, adding and deleting materials on a daily sometimes hourly basis due to students academic and/or behavioral needs, does this imply that I am on my way to becoming a reflective teacher? In general, what other things can I do overall to become a better reflective teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment