Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week KW

K- I now know that student safety is something that needs to be considered at all times when building your portfolio. I also now know how safety at times can be harder to instill in a digital portfolio vs. a hard copy portfolio. Up until this lesson, I never really thought about what others could get from a digital portfolio. I was really only thinking about the educator or the potential boss that was viewing the portfolio and not about the possible parents of the students in the portfolio or of anyone else who may have interest with regards to a student in the portfolio and is now about to see everything online.

W- As always, there are new questions I have with regards to portfolios that I would like to learn more about. First of all, what if you teach a very small class, say 5 students and of those 5 students you are not allowed to use anything in your portfolio that would give away the identity of three of the students. Would this constraint make your portfolio less effective as you would only be displaying two student’s interactions/work within the classroom? Also, if some rare mistake I were to put something in my portfolio that identified one of the students I shouldn’t have what would be the ramifications against me for that mistake? Finally, is there one ePortfolio tool available that is easier to use/navigate through for individuals like me who are still a little fearful of the technology requirement skills required for an effective digital portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment